Monday 30 November 2009

Star gazing



Do you still remember the time when you were young; gazing up the night skies only to see it blanketed by thousands of glittering stars and an equally bright moon?
I used to remember when I was really young, I had this dream of building a house with glass roof ala greenhouse by the body of water so that I can lie down and absorb the overall atmosphere.

But then, I grew up and the older I get, the more I realized that as we dwell into the hectic day-day rat-chase, the less we look up the night sky to admire the beauty of it all.
Viewing it from the eyes of an adult differs from the time when we saw it thru our naïve minds/eyes.
As an adult, all things material will supersede the simplistic approach towards admiring the handiwork of the super-stellar explosion of galaxies millions of light years away.

In fact, when was the last time we lie on our back and stare up with the surrounding environment enclosed in perfect harmony?
As a matter of fact, how many of us really took our time off to take a breather?

Watching the twinkle of stars made me feel small and with it, the feeling that we’re but a mere dust in the midst of galaxies.
It might just be me but in my opinion, nature has its own way to put an awe even on the greatest manmade superstructures.

No comments:

Post a Comment