Monday 14 December 2009

Countdown to 2010 :-)



It is nearing the end of Dec yet again and as usual, the gaiety of the moment brought along with it a sense of closure of the year we’ve had for this splendid year of 2009. I’m sure many have made and broke their New Year resolution but that is not the reason not to rejoice.

After all, New Year resolutions are not something carved in stone; even if it is; then too bad, we can’t achieve it, so no point pondering and waste the valuable brain juices to conduct post-mortem over what went wrong and etc. We’re “designed” to walk forward and we can’t even turn our head all the way back, which means that somehow or rather, our focus should always be aimed forward.

As of now, I’m listening to some Christmas songs over lunch and it never fails to give me goose bumps so much so that I had slight tear my eyes :-) not a bad thing though cos it is not an everyday event that simple songs can really touched our heart or I daresay, our soul.

I’m not sure about the rest of the population but every time I heard Christmas songs, I tend to imagine myself sitting on a comfortable couch by the window with my loved ones, firewood crackling at the background providing warmth throughout the house; me holding a mug of hot coffee (I prefer coffee more than chocolate :-P) while watching snowflakes falling from the sky. But then, this is Malaysia and we only have dry and rainy seasons. :-P It is not bad to stretch our imagination on things like this once in a while though.

So, the clock is ticking and the end of the year is around the corner. There’s no need to rush things off and work like mad to clear whatever tasks you have in your inbox.
In any case, set simpler resolution for next year (2010) and if we hit it, then its good.. if not, just move on :-)
Life will be less complicated in that way :-)

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all..
Hope you’ll have a pleasant and splendid HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010

p/s: I’ve “targeted” so many books I wanna buy for year 2010 :-) can’t wait…

1 comment: