Sunday 26 July 2009

P.S. I Love You by Cecilia Ahern


As claimed by the book cover, this book has been adapted into a major motion picture starring Hillary Swank and Gerard Butler. However, the review here is about the book and not about the movie (which was so boring that I guess cows will fall asleep watching it)... anyway, let's touch on the book itself...

To tell the truth, I bought the book out of curiosity... in fact, I read the book before I watched the movie (just to make some comparison on the actual adaptation; most readers do that by the way ?)...

The book is about a girl picking up pieces of her life after demise of her other half. The twist of the novel is that her partner had left her monthly short letters reminding her to go on with her life albeit with challenges infused into those letters.

I don't know about the rest of the readers but my attention span to this book ended after the first chapter. Truth to be told, first chapter is a worthwhile read with tear inducing emotion in words but after that, it is purely speed read for me; which explains on the allure of the book to me in general sense.

Personal rating: 4 out of 10 (I bought it out of curiosity)

Cons:
1) Boring read after the first part of the novel.
2) Style & slang of writing is utterly British.

Pros:
1) Tear inducing emotion in words.

No comments:

Post a Comment