Tuesday 14 September 2010

My missing thoughts


Let’s see, I haven’t actually blogged about anything neither significant for the past few weeks nor commented about anything remotely relevant about books either.

These can mean only 2 things;
1. I have abandoned my blogging activity or the site itself
2. I have tonnes of things to do

Lo and behold, the answer is numéro deux!

In fact, I have a few “half-baked” articles/reviews/short stories/thoughts/poems waiting to get posted but I didn’t get the chance to do it.

So please bear with me as I would like to take this chance to rant on about my so called “disappearance”. Besides, I need somewhere to vent my thoughts too you know. :-P


Missing blog entry #1:
I wasn’t able to finish the entry so I’ll just leave it as it is :-D

31st August; Malaysia’s Independence Day has just passed and I was stuck working in foreign land :-( which explains why I only managed to post only 1 entry in the month of August.

I’m having two thoughts here:

1. Should I post regarding my patriotic love towards the country of birth; also affectionately referred as “tanah tumpahnya darahku” which literally translated as “the land where I spilled my blood”?

2. Should I post regarding multiple books I’ve read but couldn’t find the time to scan the covers and to review?

Hmmm… since I’ve not much time to spare, perhaps I should just compile both posts into one entry :-P sounds better right?

Anyway, my country celebrated its 53rd birthday on 31st Aug 2010 and here I am, patting the back of my fellow compatriots/comrades and wished them “Selamat Merdeka” in Bahasa Malaysia before putting our thoughts back into work.

As for the book review; I guess it’ll have to take a back seat for the time being cos time is of essence and I have none to spare at this particular moment :-S

Anyway, Happy Merdeka to all Malaysians! :-)

Do not forget those who toil overseas during this time of celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment