Thursday 18 February 2010

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!


By the time I penned this entry, Chinese New Year would have entered its fifth day.
I started writing this entry on the eve of first day; that is during the reunion dinner day & haven’t posted it up till now :-P

Reunion Dinner
Why I like reunion dinner?

To me, Chinese New Year doesn’t “feel” like Chinese New Year if there’s no reunion dinner.
It doesn’t necessarily mean that food have to be abundant nor families extended all the way until “cucu-cicit” but the real essence of reunion dinner is the effort to have a proper dinner together.
In fact, it might be the only time families come together and see each other to chat (or gossip; or compare) with each other.
Good or bad, this is the kind of practice which I hope will last for the years to come.

First day, second day, third day…..
No entries for all the days mentioned above as there were too many activities (sleeping is one of them :-P)..

Fourth day….
I think it’s not a good day to write anything due to superstitious sound of (according to different Chinese dialects):

· Si/See (Hokkien)
· Seí (Cantonese)
· Shì (Mandarin)

But since I’m not the real superstitious kind, I have decided to pen my thoughts on the 4th day of CNY.
*I didn’t finish my entry on this day as well :-D*

And now on the fifth day….
To all my family and friends, HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR TO YOU… :-)
I know it’s rather belated but we have 15days of Chinese New Year celebration so I can still wish each and every one of you from 14 Feb onwards :-)

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!
HAPPY HOLIDAY!!
May the year of the tiger brings roaring abundance of health, wealth, peace and prosperity to my family and friends :-D
*I’ve highlighted the standard portion of the Chinese New Year greetings*

No comments:

Post a Comment